Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Easy Peasy Craft

I hate to admit it but Valentine's Day isn't my favorite. My thought is that the people you love should know it everyday. The expectation level set on Valentine's Day by the commercial world we live in seems slightly ridiculous to me. Don't get me wrong, I gave hubby and "bug" both fun cards and bug got a small gift and, yes, I did get flowers, (not some monstrous arrangement of roses that probably cost the GNP of some developing country) a very nice bunch of tulips (my fave). But my favorite part of the day was going out with friends for a great dinner and hanging out with the best thing in my life, my family. Anywhooo... on to the craft. Saturday I went to my fabulous scrapbooking class, taught by a wonderful Close To My Heart rep and she showed us how to make a Bag-a-lope. Not sure I spelled that right, but oh well. Here is mine:

She had already put together the front decorations, but they are simple. Patterned paper mounted on cardstock with heart punch out attached. She embellished with tiny hearts, sparkles and the words so sweet. Totally a cute gift card holder or party favor. I loved it. The instructions are on my tutorial page. Hope you like it.


2 comments:

  1. Hey :) Your bistro feast post has been featured in my sunday linky. Check it out here:
    http://petitehermine.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunday-linky-party-3-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured this project here: http://www.celebratingholidays.com/?page_id=5942
    I hope that is OK! :)

    ReplyDelete