Monday, March 7, 2011

I Love Peanut Butter

Yes, I am a 30 something woman who loves the perennial kid favorite, Peanut Butter. When I was a kid I think I had PB&J every day. I will eat it out of the jar given the chance. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter sauce for ice cream, those addictive buckeye's, and of course Reese's Cups!!!!! Well being that I am a lifetime Weight Watcher a lot of PB doesn't fit. (BOO-HISS) Well I have come up with a recipe that incorporates PB into a slightly more grown up dish than PB&J with the crusts cut off.

Enter WW Friendly Peanut Noodles

Ingredients:
1 tbl+1tsp Better'n Peanut Butter
(A great thing for WW and Peanut Butter lovers, 2tbl has only 2gm of fat)
1tsp Bragg's Amino Acid
(I use this in place of soy sauce, which is exactly what it tastes like, except it only has 160 mg of sodium as opposed to soy sauce which has 1005mg per serving)
1/2 tsp Habanero Pepper Sauce
( I like things spicy, feel free to amend or omit)
1/4 tsp Crushed Ginger
Pinch Garlic Powder
Black Pepper to Taste
1 cup mixed veggies
(I used onion, yellow pepper, amd broccoli slaw)
1 cup Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti, Cooked

Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl
Microwave for 20 sec or until you can stir together. Set aside.
Heat a small sautee pan over med high heat. Spray with cooking spray and sautee veggies till tender

Add spaghetti to pan and toss to combine. Cook until spaghetti is hot.

Remove from heat and add sauce. Toss to coat spaghetti and veggies with sauce. Enjoy!

Prepared as is, 6 WW Points Plus.





No comments:

Post a Comment